" Hey there Mr.Blue, we're so pleased to be with you. Look around, see what you do. Everybody's positive." -Electric Light Orchestra

8.12.2005

"All I wannna do is to thank you, even though I don't know who you are. You wouldn't let me change lanes while I was driving in car."-Geggy Tah












Say hello to The Walkmen.
What's that? You've heard of them? Then say hello again. Be polite. If you don't know them, you should. Check out this video for the song We've Been Had for a little taste. You'll thank me later.
I'm listening to XM again. Bob Marley's on right now. Oh yeah...
I bet you're all just DYING to hear all the wonderful details of my amazingly productive day off. I know you are. I can see you all now, perched on the edge of your seats. Oh...never mind...you're reaching for your drink. I see.
But really, I did have a productive day, even if it did include going to work TWICE. Jesus, I can't stay away. The first time was to get my check and stop by the department and grab my sunglasses, cuz I left them there yesterday. I talked to Ben for a few minutes and then tried to dodge out as fast as I could before anyone else stopped me. Every time I go in I end up spending longer than is necessary due to the fact that I socialize with EVERYBODY. It's ridiculous really.
Then I gassed up the car, stopped for coffee (which I drank about a quarter of), and proceeded to spend lots of the cash that had only lived in my pocket for about twenty minutes.
My first stop was Sears (it would have been Turn It Up, but I was a good boy and I walked right by it). I needed face wash and such, and I figured while I was in there I'd look for a new shower curtain liner. Heather and I found a white fabric shower curtain with little embroidered flowers and butterflies and leaves and stuff in one of the cabinets in the bathroom and decided we were gonna put it up without consulting Nick. Where do you think was the first place I looked for shower curtains? Where else but in the electronics department. Yeah. They weren't there. But they did have lots of big TVs that I debated trying to smuggle out to my car by way of my shirt. Once I'd finally convinced myself that it wasn't possible I actually made it to the bed and bath department and found like three shower curtains, and none of them the kind I needed.
So then it was off to BB+B (Bed Bath and Beyond for you abbreviationally challenged folks out there) and an inevitable stop at Borders. I spent an hour and a half in Borders, just looking at CDs. I went in there to buy Brandon a replacement of the book I borrowed from him and lost, and after I found it I got lost in the music section. Again, I stopped myself from buying a CD, even though, at times, it was VERY difficult. At BB+B I grabbed not only a new shower curtain liner, but a new curtain rod and new hooks. Mission accomplished.
Somewhere in the middle of all that, I paid the cable bill and drove laps around Keene as I always do on my days off. I put the shower curtain up when I got home and decided that the flowers and butterflies and such really didn't look all that bad. Nick didn't seem to mind either.
Then it was back into Keene and back to Hannafords to do some grocery shopping and even more socializing and pick Heather up. When I walked in I walked through the front end to see when she'd be done. I glanced toward the express lanes and there in the first lane was a girl I went to high school with, Beth, whom I haven't seen in at least two years. I walked her out to the parking lot and we stood next to her car and caught each other up on all the things we've been up to lately. It was good to see her, which is usually a rare occurrence when it comes to people from high school.
Back inside to do some grocery shopping, and boy did I ever shop. But it's always a good feeling to have food in the house, and I'm not talkin' just bread and peanut butter. At some point I decided to have dinner with Nick and Heather. They had already decided on shells and meat sauce, so I grabbed salad fixin's and some yummy carrot and ginger vinaigrette dressing that Hannaford just added to it's product line.
And so, after a great dinner, a few beers, a bowl upstairs with Amy and Brandon, and some fine tunage from XM, I think it's time for sleep.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home