" Hey there Mr.Blue, we're so pleased to be with you. Look around, see what you do. Everybody's positive." -Electric Light Orchestra

8.04.2005

"Will you, won't you be my leech, take it all and when I screech, leave it there just out of reach."-David Gray

Holy mother of GOD it's frickin' hot. Just chillin' today, taking it easy. Nick and I got pretty plastered last night. Heather had to work at seven this morning so she went to bed seriously early. Having no doobage, Nick decided that he'd make us drinks. So we sat around drinking Canadian Club and Coke all night. We had a smashing time, just the two of us getting drunk and talking. My stomach's been a bit all day as a result, but you take the good with the bad right?
That's the second night this week that I've over-indulged a little. Monday night Emily's friend turned eighteen (EIGHTEEN!!!! DAMN! Was that really almost eight years ago?) so she threw a birthday party for her. She asked me if I wanted to go and I figured what the hell. So I went after work equipped with my own twelve pack of Pabst (PBR baby...cheap and DAMN good.) and proceeded to get a bit tipsy playing beer pong, because everyone knows that that's what you do when you're at the kind of party where Pabst is acceptable. It was a good time, and I think Megan thoroughly enjoyed her very own Club Meg.
And Nick gave me his username and password for his XM radio account, so I can listen on my computer. Holy god. There's so much to choose from I just don't know where to start. My only problem is the fact that, just like regular radio, I have to keep changing the station, because I'll hear a few good songs, and then they'll play something I hate. Right now I'm listening to a remix of Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl (Yes, I DO like that song. There, I've said it.) that's not so bad. Dear me, where do I go next?
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the two most excellent things that happened this week. Number one, I got my cellphone. It was way easier than I expected it to be. I figured they'd run my info and lights would start flashing and alarms would go off and they'd laugh and point out how HORRIBLE my credit is. But not T-Mobile. Those nice folks gave me six hundred minutes a month, unlimited nights and weekends, and a cool-ass flip phone. And what do you think was the first thing I did? Oh yeah, definitely downloaded a ringtone. Now every time my phone rings I hear the Flaming Lips. And I downloaded Kermit as my wallpaper. I know, I'm a MASSIVE dork.
Number two, I FINALLY opened a savings account and a checking account through the credit union at work. Yeah baby. One more step towards trying to fix this stupid lousy credit curse. I set up direct deposit for both, fifty bucks in savings a week and a hundred in checking a week. The rest I'll get in a check. That's why I decided to use the credit union in the first place, because I can split up the direct deposits, and it doesn't have to be my whole check. Yeah baby. I'm so proud of myself.
And finally, Nick still hasn't bothered to contact me. Figures. I said it before, and I'll say it one more time. I'm done making the effort. When he decides that I'm good enough to be his friend, he knows where to find me. And that's enough about that. I'm not gonna make myself sick thinking about it.
Anyway, that's all for now. Upstairs tonight to watch Constantine and back to work (read HELL) tomorrow. WHEEEE.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home