" Hey there Mr.Blue, we're so pleased to be with you. Look around, see what you do. Everybody's positive." -Electric Light Orchestra

7.23.2005

"When I try to get through, on the telephone, to you, there's still nobody home." -Pink Floyd

Yeah. Another no contact weekend. But I guess I'm not really shocked. It's only been a month or so. But who's counting. I said I wasn't going to make an effort anymore, and I'm not. Whether the excuse is class, a new "beau", family obligations, makes no difference to me. I thought the point was to always make time for your friends. The ones that lend you money and buy you dinner, that give you advice and listen to you complain. I guess I was wrong (again).
But enough about that. This girl at work asked if I wanted to go to a private midnight showing of The Island, that new movie with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansen, and I think I might just go. It'll be good to get out of the house and hang out with someone other than the work posse or the fam. That movie doesn't look amazing, but hopefully it'll be ok. And besides, it's free so what the hell, right? I've got twenty minutes to make up my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home