" Hey there Mr.Blue, we're so pleased to be with you. Look around, see what you do. Everybody's positive." -Electric Light Orchestra

8.11.2005

"My plane landed, I'm alive. I'm not fighting withe thing's I never thought I'd do to survive. I've finally arrived."-The Folk Implosion

I woke up today thinking, as always, that it would be a rotten, horrendous, catastrophic day. I knew that I was alone for most of the shift, and I dreaded it. I went through the same routine I go through every morning. I left late as I usually do, and decided Radiohead's Pablo Honey would be good driving-to-work music. In my bag (It's NOT a manpurse...it's a messenger bag...) I had all the quarters I could scrounge as the days expenditure account. Let's see, that means dinner and smokes and that's about it. No coffee on break, no extra snacks. Just Ramen noodles and meat ends from the deli on a bagel. HMMMM.
When I got to the store it was busy, as it has been lately. But for once the day didn't suck as much as I thought it would. It was tiring, yes. For some reason, though, I didn't really think much about how bad it sucked and it went by faster than most days do. What a refreshing change.
Did the same old thing yesterday. I Katie wrangled while Brandon got a haircut. Hot damn, she is one FEARLESS three year old. She asked everyone in the waiting room at least once for money. Yeah. That's right. She wanted M&Ms from the little quarter machine and by God she was gonna get 'em. I distracted her with blocks and that worked for a while, but she went back to pan-handling again so I decided it was time for a little fresh air. After a shoulder ride and the dubious pleasure of seeing me do a headstand, she was a bit easier to control and Brandon rescued me soon after.
Then it was off to hang with the 'rents for a while. My dad's decided to get rid of all the vinyl he still has so he gave it ALL to me. I thought I was gonna pass out when I saw how many there still are. I took two long wooden crates last night and there are more. I now have four, yes four, copies of Hotel California. Anyone wanna buy one? And there's LOADS more. Whose the happiest boy in the world? Oh yeah, it's me, isn't it.
I got home and watched Dead Man with Nick and Heather. Definitely a movie everyone should watch. Johnny Depp and Iggy Pop and Billy Bob Thornton, oh my! Being stoned didn't hurt either.
Tonight we watched Evil Dead II. I must say I liked the first better, but this one's definitely fun.
Don't have to work today and it's payday. Yeah baby. Gonna go get my cable bill paid and buy myself somethin' nice I think. And I can buy GROCERIES! HOORAY! Real food.
Bed now.
Sleepy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://cvkcdhmi.com/uypk/ubub.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hnctqhsp.com/saxz/xqyc.html]Cool site[/url]

3:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

3:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://cvkcdhmi.com/uypk/ubub.html | http://wwzwxcbh.com/oghi/azws.html

3:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home